Free School Meals
Is Your Child Eligible for Free School Meals? Don't Miss Out - Apply Now.
If you receive one of the following benefits, you could be eligible for free school meals worthover £300 per child per year.
- Income support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with a taxable income of no more than £16,190 and not in receipt of Working Tax Credit
- Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after employment finishes or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week
We recommend you apply online at www.hertsdirect.org/freeschoolmeals. Online applications are easier, faster and more convenient. In most cases, you will not need to provide paper proof of benefits or reapply. If you do not have access to the internet at home, you can obtain access and support at any of the following locations:
- Public Libraries
- UK Online Centres
- Your child’s school
If you require assistance with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the customer service centre on 0300 123 4048 (8am-8pm Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm Saturday).