A welcome to Saffron Green Primary school from Headteacher, Mrs Storey.
Dear Parent/Carers and Visitors
Welcome to the Saffron Green website. At Saffron Green we aim to provide your child with a happy and educationally rewarding experience. Our school vision is based on our motto “Aiming High Together” supporting our desire to ensure that every child reaches their full potential and that we all work together for the good of your child and our community. We encourage children to take part in a rich and varied curriculum which aims to nurture all of the many different talents your child has.
A Note on Attendance
As part of our "Home School Agreement" we ask that every child come to school every day. Our motto on attendance is "Making Every Day Count". Setting a regular attendance pattern for you child from the very beginning of their education will stand them in good stead for the future, so we encourage every child from Nursery to Year 6 to come to school every day.
We hope you find the site useful and informative. It has been designed with children and parents in mind and we want it to be used not only by families who are already members of our community, but also by people who are moving into the area and are looking for a good school for their children.
Saffron Green Primary School is a community based upon mutual respect where we value the uniqueness that each pupil brings to the school.
We have wonderful grounds and very spacious facilities including a dedicated Early Years unit, a large hall for PE, a separate dining hall, library, equipped playgrounds and large playing fields. We are also very proud of our provision for Computing resources offering the children access to both laptops and iPads and interactive whiteboards in all classrooms. We also run a nurture room to allow us to meet all the needs of our children.
Visits to our school are warmly welcome. If you would like to arrange an appointment to come and see our friendly school community in action please contact the school office on 020 8953 3801.
At Saffron Green we welcome all children, and see every child as an individual. We provide a high standard of education in an environment in which children of all abilities can achieve their full potential and enjoy learning. Each child's contribution in the classroom and in the whole school is highly valued. We aim for them to become confident, enquiring and independent.
In turn children are expected to strive for their best in all areas of school life, academic, physical, artistic and recreational.
High standards of self-discipline and behaviour are expected. We use a combination of rewards and sanctions to encourage every child to develop the social skills of tolerance and consideration, mutual respect and care.
We regard education to be a partnership between the home and school, with parents and staff working together for the benefit of the children.
Every school has a unique ethos. Parents should give careful consideration to this when choosing the right school for their child.
Saffron Green is an inclusive safe and stimulating environment where:
- We aim to create an all round learning experience;
- All stakeholders are heard and respected;
- Children become motivated, and independent; healthy, honest, and compassionate;
- Children are encouraged to achieve and success is celebrated.
We aim to provide a range of rich and varied learning experiences within a caring atmosphere where everyone feels happy and secure. These will:
- Enable each child to take advantage of all the opportunities available to them.
- Enable children to achieve their full potential.
- Help to promote understanding and respect for other people, their values, beliefs and culture.
- Help to develop a sense of responsibility and self worth.
- Encourage children to work independently, participate with confidence and to co-operate with others.
- Ensure equal opportunities for all our children.
Our school is a community based upon mutual respect and we value the uniqueness that each pupil brings to the school. We promote good citizenship and invite children to share their views through participation in the school council, pupil surveys, focus groups, forums and interview panels, thereby involving them in decision making. The children are able to share their learning and develop the skills so that they are able to;
- take greater responsibility for their learning,
- provide reasons within and for their learning,
- build on their strengths and become more resilient, never giving up,
- find different ways to solve problems and overcome challenges, thereby developing their resourcefulness,
- reflect upon their work celebrating success and setting targets for the future.