Attendance / Absence
To ensure the safety and well being of all our pupils we now require you to inform the school office before 9:45am on the first day of your child’s absence. You can do this by using either our answer phone service, email or in person. If the school does not hear from you by 9:45am, we will now contact you by phone.
For your information:
- Dedicated Absence Line Number is: 0208 953 3801 option 1.
- Email address is email@example.com
Requesting leave of absence
The school office cannot authorise absence for illness, medical appointments or religious observance by telephone. This must be done through the Headteacher. For all other cases of authorised absence, please complete the form, available in school office or can be downloaded from the link below. On the request, parents should clearly specify why they feel the circumstances are ‘special’ or ‘exceptional’.
Requests which promote children’s educational opportunities, and which may be judged ‘special or exceptional’ will be considered. In order to make the process as transparent and fair as possible, all requests relating to the promotion of children’s educational opportunities, or ‘special or exceptional’ circumstances, will be considered the Headteacher.
As part of the Headteacher’s decision, Mrs Storey will consider:
- the nature of the request and the benefit to the child
- The attendance record of the child
- Whether the child has been through a rigorous selection process for the activity
- Whether the child is involved with a professional or highly regarded organisation
- Whether the parent has paid for the service for which the parent is requesting the absence.
(This list is not exhaustive and the Headteacher may find it necessary to take other information into consideration.)
The Headteacher will write to parents in each case, making sure that reasons for any decision are made clear.
Please note that should a child's absence be marked as unauthorised, teachers will not be asked to provide work for that child in order to catch up.
Once again our thanks for your support with this matter.